Vitamin D3 & K2
- Provides clinically effective doses of vitamins D and K per softgel
- Vitamin D3 has the highest potency for increasing serum and storage levels of vitamin D
- Uses the optimal form of vitamin K, vitamin K2 menaquinone-7 (MK-7)
- MK-7 has the longest half-life and best extra-hepatic distribution of all forms
- A D3 and MK-7 combination has a synergistic benefit compared to single nutrient therapy
Vitamin D and vitamin K have diverse and complementary physiological functions, close associations with age-related and chronic diseases, and a strong body of clinical evidence documenting widespread insufficiency and therapeutic potential. Vitamin D has both hormonal and non-hormonal functions, with vitamin D receptors translating into a myriad of physiological actions, ranging from bone metabolism to modulation of immune activity. Vitamin D regulates the expression of hundreds of genes, influences cellular proliferation and signalling, insulin production and sensitivity, and is a critical inhibitor of several inflammatory pathways. Insufficiency has been linked to increases in cardiovascular disease, cancer risk, diabetes and metabolic syndrome, as well as overall mortality.
Vitamin K-dependent (VKD) proteins also have a nearly ubiquitous presence and regulate diverse functions including cellular growth, arterial calcification and bone metabolism. Clinically, low intakes are associated with increased risk for cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, fracture and all-cause mortality.
Vitamins K and D have complementary physiological functions, and clinical trials have shown synergistic benefit for both osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease when used together.
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Servings per Container: 60
Each Softgel Contains:
- Vitamin K2 (Menaquinone) (MK-7) (Natto Bean) - 120 mcg
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) - 1000 IU (25 mcg)
Medium chain triglycerides, softgel (gelatin, glycerin, purified water, caramel, titanium dioxide), yellow beeswax, non-GMO sunflower lecithin.
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, egg, fish, shellfish, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.
1 softgel per day or as directed by a health care practitioner.