- Z guggulsterone from Commiphora mukul stimulates thyroid function in vivo
- Withania somnifera promotes T4 function in vivo
- Added pantothenic acid to help support adrenal gland responsiveness
- In vivo manganese supports the creation of triiodothyronine (T3)
- Copper is linked to decreased plasma T3 concentrations in animals and humans
- Suitable for vegetarians
Subclinical hypothyroidism (SHT) has been reported to present in 4 to 20% of the adult population. Patients with this thyroid disorder typically present with a serum TSH that can range from 5 to 9 mU/L along with varying degrees of symptomatology including bradycardia, constipation, dry skin, hoarseness, fatigue and muscle cramps. In addition, untreated SHT may have significant health consequences as it increases the risk for coronary heart disease (dyslipidemia, endothelial vascular dysfunction) in adults. While there are a number of prescriptive treatment options including low doses of L-thyroxine or whole gland thyroid, both nutritional and herbal remedies are useful therapeutic adjuncts. The amino acid L-tyrosine, as found in ThyroVantage HT, is an important nutritional precursor for thyroxine (T4). Biochemically, L-tyrosine is iodinated from thyroglobulin to form 3,5 diiodotyrosine which in turn is oxidized to the hormone thyroxine (T4). Iodide is another important factor in thyroid function with the oral administration of 500 mcg per day resulting in a significant increase in TRH-stimulated serum TSH concentrations.
Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule
Servings per Container: 90
Each Capsule Contains:
- L-Tyrosine - 250 mg
- Ashwagandha Extract (Withania somnifera) (root) (1.5% Withanolides) - 75 mg
- Guggul Extract (Commiphora mukul) (gum oleoresin) (2.5% Guggulsterone) - 60 mg
- d-Pantothenic Acid (Calcium d-Pantothenate) - 50 mg
- Copper (Cupric Gluconate) - 250 mcg
- Manganese (Citrate) - 250 mcg
- Iodine (Potassium Iodide) - 50 mcg
- Selenium (Selenomethionine) - 25 mcg
Vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians. Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.
2–4 capsules per day, 1–2 capsules with breakfast and 1–2 capsules with lunch, or as directed by a health care practitioner.