PGX Daily - 360 Softgels
- PGX is the most clinically studied and proven polysaccharide complex
- Proven safe; without the side effects of prescription or over-the-counter medications
- Ultra Matrix delivery system ensures rapid dispersal and action of PGX
- Proprietary complex contains three viscous natural polysaccharides that together provide higher viscosity than any other known fibre
- Medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) help increase metabolism and may help improve blood-glucose-related disorders such as diabetes
PGX (PolyGlycopleX) is a highly viscous combination of water-soluble polysaccharides derived from konjac root, sodium alginate, and xantham gum. Viscous fibres have been shown to reduce postprandial glucose concentrations and lower total and LDL cholesterol, primarily by forming a gel matrix which slows gastric emptying. Viscous fibres also trap ingested carbohydrates and lipids inside the gel matrix, decreasing the transport and uptake of glucose and cholesterol at absorptive surfaces.
Clinical trials have shown that in addition to the benefits of glucose and lipid reduction, highly viscous fibres were found to lower insulin secretion and C-peptide in response to carbohydrate meals, and also improve glucose tolerance. Viscous fibres effectively reduce the glycemic index of foods consumed simultaneously by preventing the postprandial spikes in blood glucose concentration. Fibre viscosity has been associated with increased satiety and reduced appetite; in a randomized trial, PGX reduced hunger and prospective consumption when combined with a low calorie diet, and in an earlier trial enhanced weight loss and reduced percent body fat when used in concert with lifestyle changes. PGX‘s viscosity is greater than other known sources of soluble fibre, allowing for easier dosing and greater efficacy for its diverse benefits.
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Servings per Container: 180 or 360
Each Softgel Contains:
- PGX (PolyGlycopleX) (Amorphophallus konjac, Sodium Alginate, Xanthan Gum) - 750 mg
- Medium Chain Triglycerides - 600 mg
Softgel (gelatin, glycerin, purified water, carob, annatto, titanium dioxide), yellow beeswax, soy lecithin.
Allergens: Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, or GMOs. Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place Recommended Use: For best results take PGX Daily softgels with or without meals with 375–500 mL of water or as directed by a health care practitioner. Week 1: 1–2 softgels, 3 times daily Week 2: 2–4 softgels, 3 times daily Weeks 3 and beyond: 3–6 softgels, 3 times daily