- Standardized herbal extracts
- Potent phytoestrogens: Angelica sinensis and Actaea racemosa
- Normalizes LH and FSH through the action of Vitex agnus-castus
- Gamma oryzanol reduces climacteric symptoms and increases HDL-C
- Hesperidin, a citrus bioflavonoid, helps decrease vasomotor activity along with vitamin C
- Suitable for vegetarians/vegans
For many women the transition from pre- to post-menopause can be arduous. Changing hormone levels can lead to increased risk for both heart disease and osteoporosis, while inducing uncomfortable shorter term issues such as vasomotor symptoms (hot flushes, night sweats), insomnia, vaginal dryness, mood changes and reduction in libido. Although estrogen replacement therapy (ERT) may reduce some of the aforementioned concerns, the Women’s Health Initiative has shown that ERT use in post-menopausal women is linked to an increased risk of both breast cancer and cardiovascular disease. However, phytoestrogens provide a viable alternative to ERT. While they share the basic chemical framework of other steroid hormones, potencies are approximately 1000-fold weaker than that of 17-α estradiol. It is estimated that more than 300 plants contain compounds with estrogenic activity including those found in MenoVantage PE. These include the herbs black cohosh (Actaea racemosa) and Dong quai (Angelica sinensis) which have been shown clinically to reduce menopausal symptoms.
Serving Size: 2 Vegetarian Capsules
Servings per Container: 45
Each Capsule Contains:
- Dong Quai Extract (Angelica sinensis) (root) - 100 mg
- Chasteberry Extract (Vitex agnus-castus) (fruit) - 80 mg
- Black Cohosh Extract (Actaea racemosa) (root, rhizome) - 80 mg (2.5% Triterpene Glycosides as 27-deoxyactein)
- Gamma-Oryzanol (Oryza sativa) (seed bran) - 75 mg
- Hesperidin (Citrus sinensis) (fruit) - 30 mg
Vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant), silica.
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans. Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.
2 capsules at breakfast and 2 capsules at bedtime per day or as directed by a health care practitioner. Use for a minimum of 3 months to see beneficial effect. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 6 months.