- Provides clinically effective amounts of peppermint, caraway, and oregano oils at proven dosages
- Potent amounts of active components: 50% menthol (peppermint), 60% phenol (oregano), and 50% carvone (caraway)
- Enteric coating improves efficacy, allowing for antispasmodic effect in gastric and upper intestinal tissues
- Research confirms that peppermint oil is more effective and better tolerated when protected from stomach acid
- Enteric coating also reduces adverse effects and peppermint taste
IB Care contains enterically coated peppermint, oregano, and caraway oils, all shown to have benefit for diverse gastrointestinal disturbances. Peppermint oil is known to influence gastric motility, accelerating early gastric emptying with an antispasmodic effect on the stomach. It also increases the relaxation time of the pyloric valve, decreases the resting pressure of the lower esophageal sphincter, and has synergistic benefit when combined with caraway oil, producing smooth muscle relaxation in the stomach and duodenum. Oregano oil has demonstrated antimicrobial effects against H. pylori, the primary cause of peptic ulcer disease and dyspepsia, as well as other GI pathogens.
Clinically, enterically coated preparations of these oils have demonstrated benefits in a number of clinical trials. Improvement has been shown for dyspepsia and symptoms such as pain, heaviness, and abdominal pressure in controlled trials, regardless of H. pylori status and even in those with significant epigastric pain. Additionally, enteric coated peppermint oil demonstrated clinical efficacy in a number of trials for irritable bowel syndrome, showing improvement in the majority of participants, and in both children and adults.
Serving Size: 1 Enteric Coated Softgel
Servings per Container: 60
Each Softgel Contains:
- Peppermint Oil (Mentha x piperita) (aerial) - 100 mg
- (110 mcl) (50% Menthol) - 50 mg
- Oregano Oil (Thymus capitatus) (aerial) (60% Carvacrol) - 70 mg
- (60% Phenol) - 42 mg
- Caraway Oil (Carum carvi) (seed) - 30 mg
- (33.3 mcl) (50% Carvone) - 15 mg
Softgel (gelatin, glycerin, purified water), enteric coating (purified water, ethylcellulose, medium chain triglycerides, oleic acid, sodium alginate, stearic acid).
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.
1 enteric coated softgel, 3 times per day, 15–30 minutes before a meal, or as directed by a health care practitioner. Take a few hours before or after taking supplements containing iron, zinc, calcium or copper. Use in 3-week cycles, with an interruption of at least one week between the cycles.