- The only full spectrum fresh-herb extract, standardized to contain Echinacea purpurea’s three active compounds – alkylamides, polysaccharides and cichoric acid
- Tested in two randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase II clinical trials
- Proven to reduce the severity and duration of upper respiratory infections, including the common cold by up to 75%
- Each 250 mg of EchinaMed is made from 2000 mg of hand-picked fresh Echinacea purpurea flower, leaves, stem and roots
- Certified organic echinacea from our farms in Canada’s Okanagan region
- Guaranteed pharmaceutical purity
- Guaranteed label strength
EchinaMed is the result of a highly sophisticated, patented extraction process that guarantees consistent levels of Echinacea purpurea’s three key active constituents – alkylamides, polysaccharides and cichoric acid. These active constituents are provided in a base of whole herb, so that none of the minor actives are missing. EchinaMed is the first echinacea extract that meets the rigorous scientific standards demanded of pharmaceuticals. It is the only extract tested in two randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled phase II clinical trials. These trials, as well as laboratory evidence, have demonstrated that EchinaMed is an effective stimulant of the innate immune system reducing the severity and duration of upper respiratory tract infections, and possibly mitigating the risk of secondary infections. EchinaMed has been found to increase the number of circulating white blood cells, monocytes, neutrophils and natural killer cells. In vivo animal studies have demonstrated an increase in alveolar macrophage phagocytic response in a dose-dependent manner, as well as increased nitric oxide and tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α). Nitric oxide is one of the primary mechanisms by which alveolar macrophages destroy foreign particles in the lungs, while TNF-α has antiviral effects, accounting for EchinaMed’s ability to act both therapeutically and preventatively.
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Servings per Container: 60
Each Softgel Contains:
- EchinaMed® (Echinacea purpurea) Standardized Extract 2.9:1 (aerial, root) - 250 mg
- (Equivalent to 725 mg Crude Herb)
Softgel (gelatin, glycerin, purified water, carob), sunflower oil, yellow beeswax, sunflower lecithin.
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.
At the first sign of a viral infection, take 1 softgel 5 times per day for the first 2 days, then take 1 softgel 3 times per day on subsequent days for up to 21 days.
Preventative Use: For immune system support throughout the year, take 1 softgel per day or as directed by a health care practitioner. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 8 weeks.