- Potent physiological balance of key fat-soluble vitamins, A, D, and K, critical to bone health
- Contains vitamin K2 (MK-7), the most bioactive and long-lasting form MK-7 shown to increases vertebral BMD among postmenopausal women
- Provides vitamin D3, shown to be more effective than D2 in maintaining blood levels of 25-OH vitamin D
- Optimal form of vitamin A, palmitate, bypasses impaired conversion of carotenoids (affects nearly half the population)
Suitable for vegetarians
Bone Assist provides clinically relevant doses of the three fat-soluble vitamins essential to optimal bone health. Although needed for cardiovascular health, blood sugar regulation, immune function, and inflammation control, vitamins A, D, and K2 have complementary physiological bone-related functions, such as modulating gene expression in osteoblasts and carboxylating osteocalcin, an enzyme needed for bone formation. This is exemplified by a reduction in undercarboxylated osteocalcin and an increase in bone mineral density (BMD) in postmenopausal women when vitamin K is added to vitamin D supplementation.
Vitamin D has diverse and significant functions in multiple body systems, and widespread deficiency magnifies these crucial roles. Supplementation is associated with a well-established reduction in osteoporotic fracture. Correcting a vitamin D deficiency is critical when supplementing with vitamin A, as vitamin A appears to promote bone health if vitamin D levels are adequate. Vitamin K is now recognized as being necessary not only for coagulation, but for the carboxylation of enzymes critical for both bone and blood vessel health. Indeed, meta-analysis has shown improvement in vertebral BMD and reduction in fracture among post-menopausal women with osteoporosis, while controlled trial data shows a reduction in the age-related decline in BMD among healthy postmenopausal women. The naturally derived MK-7 form in Bone Assist has a longer half-life than any other form.
Serving Size: 0.25 ml
Servings Per Container: 120
Each Serving (0.25 ml) Contains:
- Vitamin A (Palmitate) - 500 IU (151 mcg RAE)
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) - 1000 IU (25 mcg)
- Vitamin K2 (Menaquinone) (MK-7) (Natto Bean) - 50 mcg
Medium chain triglycerides, organic flaxseed oil, natural vitamin E (non-GMO sunflower oil), natural vanilla flavour
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians. Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.
1 serving (0.25 ml) per day or as directed by a health care practitioner.