- Vitamin C has been shown to decrease blood histamine levels
- Vitamin C also raises glutathione levels by 50%. Increasing this potent antioxidant may help reduce nasal obstruction, rhinorrhea and ear fullness.
- EMIQ (enzymatically modified isoquercitrin) has been shown to reduce ocular allergic symptoms in those with pollinosis
- EMIQ is prepared by using a natural enzyme process that attaches polysaccharides to convert quercetin into a soluble form. According to pharmacokinetic data, the absorption of EMIQ is up to 40 times greater (Cmax) and 15 times greater (AUC) than quercetin.
- The patented bioflavonoid pycnogenol, when given 5 weeks before birch allergy season, reduced eye and nasal symptoms by 35% and 19.5% respectively
- Stinging nettle leaf has been shown in vitro to inhibit the pro-inflammatory pathways related to allergic rhinitis. Urtica is a potent 4:1 extract.
- Suitable for vegetarians/vegans
Allergic rhinitis is a common upper respiratory problem seen routinely in clinical practice. This problem occurs when inhaled allergens come in contact with IgE antibodies on the surface of the airway triggering numerous acute symptoms: nasal congestion, sneezing, a watery ocular discharge, rhinnorea, and a pruritic palate along with sinus and eustachian tube congestion. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in the United States, 17.9 million adults and 7.1 million children were diagnosed with hay fever in the year 2010. While numerous prescription and over the counter (OTC) antihistamines can benefit by relieving symptoms, they are often fraught with side effects including dry mouth, sleepiness, and restlessness. Allerieva represents an alternative that is safe for both short and long term use. A recent controlled study concluded that 2000 mg per day of the blue green algae spirulina significantly reduced the symptoms of allergic rhinitis including nasal discharge, sneezing, nasal congestion, and itching after three weeks of use. In humans, spirulina acts on hay fever symptoms by significantly reducing the secretion of an inflammatory cytokine IL-4 by 32%.
Serving Size: 2 Vegetarian Capsules
Servings per Container: 30
Each Capsule Contains:
Organic Spirulina (Spirulina platensis) (whole) - 335 mg
Vitamin C (Calcium Ascorbate) - 175 mg
Stinging Nettle 4:1 Extract (Urtica dioica) (leaf) - 50 mg
Pycnogenol® (French Maritime Pine Bark Extract)
(Pinus pinaster) (bark) (65-75% Procyanidins) - 17 mg
EMIQ (Enzymatically Modified Isoquercitrin) - 50 mg
(Providing 15 mg of Highly Absorbable Quercetin)
Vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water), microcrystalline cellulose, silica, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans. Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.
2 capsules 3 times per day or as directed by a health care practitioner. If used as a diuretic, for occasional use only.